First and foremost, THANK YOU:
- For being agents of change in your local communities.
- For your support of HECUA by continuing your involvement and staying in touch.
- For recognizing the unique qualities of the HECUA model of teaching and learning in local and global communities.
- For spreading the word about HECUA programs to friends and family to increase our visibility.
There are a number of options for you to remain connected with HECUA post-graduation.
S’17 Community Internships in Latin America students at an alumni get-together this summer.
1) Connect on Social Media
HECUA maintains an active social media presence on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. We have a growing HECUA Alumni Networking Group on LinkedIn. We would love to connect with you on social media. We’d also encourage you to start your own Facebook group with members of your program cohort.
You can also sign up from our alumni e-newsletter using the form below. We’ll email you about once a month with job opportunities, alumni profiles, suggestions for readings, and ways to get involved!
After nearly 50 years, HECUA continues to encourage new ways of seeing and interacting with the world. We invite our alums to contribute to HECUA in order to make our programs more accessible to more students. To make the possibility of participating in a HECUA program a reality, we invite you to make a contribution. Click here to give now.
3) Hire and Mentor HECUA Students and Alums
Pass on your HECUA experience, and consider mentoring or supervising a current HECUA student. As a past participant you know what happens when students, faculty and community members come together to address social issues: immediate and lifelong learning, collective action for social justice, shared democracy and discovery of personal vocation. As students complete our programs, they look to others who can relate to their interests and help them take the steps necessary for future success.
4) Alumni Ambassador Program
Students who have successfully completed any HECUA program, return back to their home campus, are invited to opt-in to our Alumni Ambassador program. In a sea of study abroad choices, we want HECUA programs to stand out. We know that our greatest advocates are the students who themselves participated, and who can share their experiences with enthusiasm and authenticity. Join the Alumni Ambassador program by completing a minimum of three campus activities–listed below–to promote HECUA at your school. Contact your HECUA Campus Representative to coordinate these activities.
- Make a 5-minute presentation in three (3) classes encouraging other students to consider a HECUA program
- Table at an event or fair on campus to promote HECUA (HECUA will provide you with materials)
- Host an info session about your HECUA experience in your major/minor department
- Give a 10-minute presentation about HECUA to a student group/club
- Meet one-on-one with a student who is interested in HECUA
- Write an article about HECUA for an existing school newspaper, journal, or campus blog
Complete this online form, and we’ll reward your efforts with $100!