First and foremost, THANK YOU:
- for your support of HECUA by continuing your involvement and staying in touch.
- for recognizing the unique qualities of the HECUA model of teaching and learning in local and global communities.
- for spreading the word about HECUA programs to friends and family to increase our visibility.
- for being agents of change in your local communities.
There are a number of options for you to remain connected with HECUA post-graduation.
Connect on Social Media
HECUA maintains an active social media presence on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. We have a growing HECUA Alumni Networking Group on LinkedIn. We would love to connect with you on social media. We’d also encourage you to start your own Facebook group with members of your program cohort.
Donate to HECUA’s Scholarship Fund
After 40 years, HECUA continues to encourage new ways of seeing and interacting with the world. To make the possibility of participating in a HECUA program a reality, we invite you to make a contribution to our scholarship fund. Scholarships are a critical way that HECUA demonstrates its commitment to racial and economic justice. In the tough economic environment of the past few years, HECUA took a hard look at our mission and dug deep to nearly triple the amount of money we award for scholarships each year. We invite our alums to help us give the power of learning and experience to even more students of color, more students from low-income families, and more community activists who want to be part of our programs. Please give back to our programs!
Hire and Mentor HECUA Students and Alums
Pass on your HECUA experience, and consider mentoring or supervising a current HECUA student. As a past participant you know what happens when students, faculty and community members come together to address social issues: immediate and lifelong learning, collective action for social justice, shared democracy and discovery of personal vocation. As students complete our programs, they look to others who can relate to their interests and help them take the steps necessary for future success.
Alumni Ambassador Program
Students who have successfully completed any HECUA program, return back to their home campus, are invited to opt-in to our Alumni Ambassador program. In a sea of study abroad choices, we want HECUA programs to stand out. We know that our greatest advocates are the students who themselves participated, and who can share their experiences with enthusiasm and authenticity. Join the Alumni Ambassador program by completing a minimum of three campus activities–listed below–to promote HECUA at your school. Let us know what you’ve done by sharing a brief description of your tasks.
- Make a 5-minute presentation in three (3) classes encouraging other students to consider a HECUA program
- Table at an event or fair on campus to promote HECUA (HECUA will provide you with materials)
- Design and hang your own HECUA poster on campus (HECUA will provide logo and other info, and also help offset printing costs, but please contact us ahead of time).
- “Chalk” a HECUA message–sharing website or application deadlines–around campus
- Host an info session about your HECUA experience in your major/minor department
- Give a 10-minute presentation about HECUA to a student group/club
- Meet one-on-one with a student who is interested in HECUA
- Create and assemble a HECUA display for a bulletin board on campus
- Coordinate with a RA to distribute or display HECUA materials in a dorm
- Write an article about HECUA for an existing school newspaper, journal, or campus blog
- Hand-out HECUA brochures or flyers in the campus center during lunch
Complete this online form, and we’ll reward your efforts with $100!