Why give to support HECUA?
Thank you for considering a donation to HECUA. Your generosity will enable more HECUA students to take up the work of community building and join others in creating a more just, equitable, and sustainable world.
Here at HECUA, we believe that we are building up the next generation of changemakers. Students come into our programs with vision and drive, and they leave with strategies, tools, and networks. They go on to work side-by-side with the folks who supervised their internships and spoke to their classes. More than 80% of HECUA alumni tell us that their experience in HECUA changed their post-graduation plans.
Ways to Give to HECUA
- Become a ChangeGiver: Please consider becoming an inaugural sustainer in HECUA’s new monthly giving community, the ChangeGivers. Your monthly gift will support the next generation of HECUA changemakers. Select “give monthly” as the option through GiveMN.org or PayPal to join!
- Start a Facebook Fundraiser: Invite your friends and family to join in giving to support experiential learning, beyond the classroom. You set the goal and HECUA will receive 100% of the donations. Consider creating a campaign for your birthday or in honor of another special event.
- Planned Giving: Consider making a legacy gift to support HECUA. Email Director of Finance and Operations Andi Cheney at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- IRA Contribution: If you are 70 ½ or older, you need to withdraw money from your IRA every year. (It’s called the Required Minimum Distribution – RMD, for short.) You can avoid paying the income tax on any withdrawal if you have the check written to a non-profit recognized by the IRS as organized under Section 501 (c) 3 of the US Internal Revenue Code.
There are a few specifics such as:
- The donor must be 70 ½ at the time the gift is made.
- The check must be written to the non-profit, but can be sent to the donor for transmittal to the non-profit.
- Donors cannot receive goods or services or any personal benefit in return for the gift.
If you are considering such a gift, we suggest you speak with your financial planner or tax advisor for further information.
How to Donate
- Donate Using GiveMN.org
- Donate Using PayPal, by clicking on the “donate” button, below. A PayPal account is not necessary; you can use a credit card or a bank account withdrawal.
- Write a check and send it to HECUA at 2233 University Ave. #210, Saint Paul, Minnesota, 55114.
Contact Andi Cheney, Director of Finance & Operations at email@example.com if you have further questions about your donation.