HECUA is still accepting applications for fall 2021 US programs. Please contact email@example.com if you are interested in a HECUA program.
Summer and Fall 2021 deadlines
- April 22nd – final scholarship deadline
- April 30th – preferred deadline for fall programs in the US, final deadline for summer US and fall abroad programs
- May 31st – final preferred deadline for fall 2021 programs in the US ( HECUA is continuing to accept applications for fall 2021 programs throughout the summer)
January Term 2022 and Spring 2022:
All applications are reviewed on a rolling basis up until these deadlines
- November 1st – deadline for January term and spring programs abroad
- December 1st – deadline for spring programs in the US
HECUA’s Flexible Admissions Policy
HECUA is accepting applications for the 2021-2022 academic year. We are monitoring health and travel protocols due to the COVID-19 pandemic. In an effort to offer students the greatest flexibility and certainty possible, HECUA is offering the following options.
HECUA’s off-campus study guarantee*
In the event that an international program is canceled, HECUA will guarantee your enrollment in one of our US programs, if you so choose. Applying to HECUA will guarantee your access to off-campus study that is experiential and includes an internship.
In the event of HECUA’s decision to suspend or cancel a program, students also have the following options:
1- Defer enrollment to a later term
2- Choose a different program in the US or abroad
3- Receive a refund of their deposit and any tuition paid
If programs are offered remotely we will eliminate room & board fees.
If the program must go to a partial or all-online format, we would reach out to each student to see if they would like to proceed with the program, delay participation, change to another program, or withdraw.
If students want to withdraw because the program has gone partially or fully online, we would refund students’ deposit and tuition. In the event of a student withdrawing or deferring due to safety concerns, students may request a full refund of their deposit and any tuition paid.
*With approval from your institution
Students from any college or university in the United States, in any field, are welcome on HECUA programs. Students are eligible to participate in a HECUA program if: 1) they have completed their first year of college in a degree-seeking program, 2) they meet both HECUA’s and their home institution’s GPA requirements for off-campus study (HECUA’s GPA requirement is 2.5 or higher, although students with a lower GPA may petition for approval), and 3) they meet the requirements for off-campus study set by their home college or university.
Students must complete two application processes to apply for off-campus study. Students must apply for off-campus study approval through their home institution. Click here to see a list of off-campus study offices.
Upon approval, students may complete a HECUA application.
How to Apply to a HECUA program
Step 1: Create an account by clicking the Apply button in the top right corner of the site.
Step 2: Complete your Student Profile.
Step 3: Complete your application. After you’ve completed your Student Profile, you’ll see a screen that shows your application status. You’ll find the links you need to complete your application immediately below the list, under the heading “Things still to do to complete your application.”
Application materials for programs abroad:
- Personal information and academic plan.
- Personal essays
- An email address for your academic reference (you will email them a link to the reference form).
- An email address for your study abroad advisor (you will email them a link to the study abroad approval form).
- A copy of your official transcript.
Application materials for programs in the US:
- Personal information and academic plan.
- An email address for your off-campus study advisor (you will email them a link to the off-campus study approval form).
- Note for University of MN students: Email David Holiday firstname.lastname@example.org to make a university checklist appointment.
- A copy of your unofficial transcript.
Step 4: Submit all of the required materials, and pay the application fee. The application fee for US programs is $25. The application fee for programs abroad is $75 for students from non-member schools, and $50 for students from member schools. If your school covers the application fee, please don’t pay it. Ask your study abroad advisor if this applies to you.
Note: Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis up until the deadlines. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out.