Scholarship for Community Engagement (up to $750 for semester-long programs, and $350 for short-term programs)
HECUA provides a number of these scholarships each semester to students who have worked for social change and whose future goals will be strengthened by a HECUA semester program. A few smaller awards in the amount of up to $350 are also made to students participating in January-term or summer programs.
*Note: No Scholarships for Community Engagement will be offered for the Summer 2018 term of the Race in America program.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in one of HECUA’s member colleges/universities.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a HECUA program (semester-long or short-term programs abroad or in the U.S. are all eligible).
- Applicants must have a demonstrated commitment to working for social change.
Scholarship Application Deadlines:
(All applications are due no later than 11:59PM Central Time on the dates below).
- Fall: April 15th
- Spring: December 1st
Required materials from the student:
- Scholarship for Community Engagement Form. Fill in the webform below.
- You will want to prepare in advance of filling in the form. You are asked for a reflective essay:
How have past experiences led you to consider yourself a person who values community engagement? (Provide specific examples of community work, advocacy, academic courses, travel, or employment). How will the HECUA program enable you to further your goals and projects for social change?
- A complete program application to one of HECUA’s programs must be on file at HECUA (no need to submit a second copy).