HECUA’s Scholarship for Social Justice–$1,500
HECUA supporters—alumni, founders, current and former board and staff members–established this scholarship fund for first generation college students, students from families with low-incomes, and students of color.
- Applicant must be a first generation college student, or a student from a low-income family, or a student of color.
- Applicant must be currently enrolled in one of HECUA’s member colleges/universities.
- Applicant must be enrolled in a semester-long domestic or international HECUA program (HECUA’s short-term programs are not eligible). For a student to be considered enrolled, their application must have been accepted by the HECUA Student Services Department and the student must have subsequently submitted a completed and signed Participation Agreement Letter and a non-refundable program deposit.
Scholarship Application Deadlines:
(All applications are due no later than 11:59PM Central Time on the dates below).
- Fall: April 15th
- Spring: December 1st
Required materials from the student:
- Scholarship for Social Justice Application Form. Fill in the webform below.
- You will want to prepare in advance of filling in the form. You are asked for a reflective essay:
Drawing on your life experience and your personal and academic goals, describe how you believe you can contribute to and receive from a program with the mission to equip students with the knowledge, experiences, tools, and passion to address pressing social justice issues of our time. Reflect on how the HECUA program you’re applying to will benefit you and the people, issues, and communities you care about.
- IF you are eligible for this award because of income, please submit a copy of your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) form. Email the copy to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Social Justice Scholarship RIA Application FAFSA” in the subject line.
- A complete program application to one of HECUA’s semester-long programs must be on file at HECUA (no need to submit a second copy).