HECUA’s Scholarship for Social Justice–$1,500
HECUA supporters—alumni, founders, current and former board and staff members–established this scholarship fund for first generation college students, students from families with low-incomes, and students of color.
- Applicant must be a first generation college student, or a student from a low-income family, or a student of color.
- Applicant must be currently enrolled in one of HECUA’s member colleges/universities.
- Applicant must have a program application on file for a semester-long domestic or international HECUA program (HECUA’s short-term programs are not eligible).
Scholarship Application Deadlines:
(All applications are due no later than 11:59PM Central Time on the dates below).
- Fall: April 15th
- Spring: December 1st
Required materials from the student:
- Scholarship for Social Justice Application Form. Fill in the webform below.
- You will want to prepare in advance of filling in the form. You are asked for a reflective essay answering the two questions below:
1) Drawing on your life experience and your personal and academic goals, describe how you believe you can contribute to and receive from a program with the mission to equip students with the knowledge, experience, tools, and passion to address pressing social justice issues.
2) Reflect on how the HECUA program you’re applying to will benefit you and the people, issues, and communities you care about.
- A program application to one of HECUA’s semester-long programs must be on file at HECUA (no need to submit a second copy).